Healthy Habitats for Giving Tuesday
- $10 will buy a good pair of gloves for one of our staff or volunteers who are yanking out thorny Japanese Barberry and other nasty invasive species.
- $25 will fund the building and monitoring of a bluebird box, ensuring a generation of new bluebirds next spring.
- $50 will pay for 25 native wildflowers needed by monarch butterflies for survival.
- $100 will purchase a weedwrench that will allow us to rip out invasive buckthorn that is crowding out the endangered Britton’s Violet.
- $250 will pay to mow 3 acres of grassland and shrubland that provide the open habitat loved by birds like the prairie warbler.
- $500 will pay for wildlife surveys to see if whip-poor-wills and box turtles have returned to our restoration sites.
- $1,000 will restore another acre of meadow at SVT’s Greenways or Cedar Hill reservation.
- $2,500 will help purchase an acre of wetland habitat.
- $1,000,000 will help protect 10-15 acres of critical upland habitat or farmland.